- Every day for the next 5 days, pack a lunch. I am sorry for the lack of pictures for the past week! I was busy busy and it went by in a whisk. Then I was left with no pictures. Shrug. Deep breath out.Happy to say I did pack a lunch all 5 days. There was:
– Fish, butternut squash and kale chips
– Leftover pasta with chicken & broccoli
– Meatballs, mushroom salad and broccoli
Well I can’t remember the other days. Darn memory. But I do remember the oatmeal I brought for breakfast (and PB2 does not make an equal replacement to peanut butter).
- Keep it Frugal. What was frugal outside of cooking at home, drinking coffee at home, bringing my breakfast and lunches to work… Oh yes, we went to the 99 Cents Only store to score some Vegan goods at really discounted rates compared to the fancy grocers.Things like:
– Coconut sugar
– Almond pudding
– Spaghetti squash and red/orange bell peppers
– Vegan cheese
It has a strong pepper flavor eating it alone. So we were going to put it on our veggie burgers but forgot. So I will need to report back after having properly trying it with something, like in a sandwich. But this stuff is usually $6 at the fancy grocery store! It was very much nostalgic going to the 99 Cents Only store. I remember my young adult days addicted to Combos pizza baked snacks. Those were the days making almost nothing but I don’t ever remember feeling broke with this local store!
This weekend, I also came home with a big bag of grilled Pacific rockfish. I had it for breakfast this morning of all things. It will also be part of my packed lunches during the week. Yay for being sent home with leftovers!
- Pay with cash. Envelopes, clips or debit. And I did not get around to making new envelopes this payday. I re-used some old cash envelopes. A travel one, a botanical one, and a Christmas themed envelope. Haha. I gave up on the money clips for now.This week’s cash budget consists of: Food – $205, Gas – $105 and Everything Else – $30. I am quite comfortable with my cash budget now. Rarely using my debit card. Last time I used it, I had a hard time recalling the pin.
- Healthy habits. I walked a mile twice. Did you know that My Fitness Pal considers light activity as walking one 1/2-hour each day?! And here I can only do it twice in one week. Smh. But I am putting an effort forward and will keep trying. Maybe I will try some yoga again before the night’s end.I have started eating healthier this past week. I am trying to eat with Whole30 in mind. But will at times still eat beans or will consume whole grain bread. I tried spaghetti squash for the first time. We had it with marinara and meatballs. It was quite tasty.
I’ve also stocked up on green and black tea to replace for coffee with cream and sugar. The switch hasn’t been too hard to get used to thus far.
- Read. (Affiliate links) I completed The Glass Castle by Jeannette Walls. Good memoir, well written but quite a sad upbringing. Fortunately, the author did good for herself upon becoming an adult.Over the weekend I read:
– It Starts with Food (Whole30)
– Power Foods for the Brain
– The Brain on Fire
The latter was quite interesting. It’s about a very rare autoimmune disease that made the author quite manic. The neurologist team stuck with her – as opposed as putting her in a psyche ward claiming a severe mental illness – and they figured out what was medically wrong with her. The take away – wondering how many young women have gone un-diagnosed only to live their days in a psych ward when that was a secondary cause of an inflammation in the brain that can be cured 90% of the time.
That’s it for the recap on this week’s goals. How are you doing with your goals and/or staying in budget? Anything fantastic happen over the weekend?
Click HERE to follow FrugalToFI on Twitter.
Click HERE to follow Frugal2FI on Instagram.
Click HERE to subscribe to FrugalToFI by RSS feed or Email.