- I went to watch a friend’s play for which we bought tickets to back in April. I was a bit hesitant to go to the after-lunch because it’s usually a bit pricey. But I was able to split a meal with a friend and the portion sizes turned out perfect. Glad I did not miss out on a day of socializing because I really needed it.
- I bought some computer peripherals to make my work life more convenient at home and considered it a tax right off (aka, OK to buy but not in budget). Got smart and returned them. Now I am back in budget.
- I ordered my transit pass from work. They pay 50% of the cost. So I will owe $50/month pretax. The pass will allow me to go all over the place if I want. I don’t know if I will ditch the car after I pull it out of the water, share the car or to just simply reduce my maintenance cost but I have options now.
- Donated blood because supplies are always at a critical demand. In exchange for donating was a delicious lunch offered that I was not expecting.
- Started reading The Last of Her Kind by Sinrid Nunez to fulfill my downtime. I haven’t decided if I like it yet. Making time to read has been nice as it helps to slow my thinking down after a charged week.
Thanks for reading! How has your frugal week been going? If you know a book I should read, leave it in the comments below and I will add it to my list.